SOAPWALLA Sensitive Deodorant - Lavender Mint
Free US Priority Shipping on Orders Over $75
US Priority Shipping $7 on Orders Under $75
**International Shipping Rates Will Be Calculated During Checkout. **
No aluminum. No odor. No BS.
Sensitive skin is the pits, so we made this just for you!
Our new deodorant cream offers effective odor protection, minus the baking soda. It melts effortlessly into the skin, delivering powerful moisture absorbency and bacteria discouragement to keep you smelling and feeling fresh throughout the day.
Our Lavender Mint Sensitive Skin Deodorant Cream contains:
* Club moss and Charcoal absorb excess moisture and naturally deodorize.
* Shea butter and Jojoba soothe and soften delicate skin.
* Cajeput and Palmarosa essential oils discourage bacteria, fungus and microbes.
Lavender, peppermint, and tea tree round out the scent and create a stimulating fragrance that effectively and reliably deodorizes. Gluten and soy free.
- Please use within 12 months of purchase.
- Ensure that the Deodorant Cream is mixed completely before applying (some separation is normal), then scoop a little with your finger and very gently apply to the entire underarm area until completely absorbed. Go about your day, odor-free!
- Our Deodorant Cream may arrive in a liquefied state, but don't fret! Soapwalla doesn’t use any unnecessary waxes or hardeners, so temperature fluctuations can alter the solidity of the Deodorant but in no way compromises the effectiveness of the product. Simply mix well, then pop the container in your freezer for about 20 minutes until resolidified. Your Deodorant Cream will be as good as new!
Zea mays (Corn) starch*, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) butter*, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil*, Magnesium hydroxide, Lycopodium clavatum (Club moss) extract, Kaolin, Sunflower lecithin*, Lavandula angustofolia (Lavender) oil, Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea tree) leaf oil, Glycerin*, Tocopherol, Citrus bergamia (Bergaptene-free bergamot) fruit oil*, Citrus sinensis dulcis (Sweet orange) peel oil*, Mentha piperita (Peppermint) oil*, Melaleuca cajeputi (Cajeput) oil*, Cymbopogon martini (Palmarosa) oil*, Activated Charcoal, Limonene**, Linalool**, Geraniol**, Citral**. *Certified Organic, **Naturally occurring in essential oils
Soapwalla was born in founder Rachel Winard's NYC kitchen one evening, after months of unsuccessfully searching for products that wouldn't aggravate her sensitive skin issues caused by systemic lupus, a chronic autoimmune condition that almost always affects the skin.
Soapwalla products are pure, effective, and trustworthy. We believe that we are only as good as the ingredients we source. We partner with small farms to ensure we receive the best materials we can without compromising our integrity or dedication to the environment. Rachel visits suppliers to ensure they share Soapwalla’s value structure of respect, honor, authenticity, and transparency.
We are wildly passionate about what we do every day: creating goods that not only support skin health, also but our customers' - and planet's - well-being. We choose quality over quantity and decide on a course of action based on our guiding principles: Will this make the best product? Does this minimize our environmental footprint? Will this support our local economy? Does it serve a purpose?
Soapwalla products are made by hand in small batches in our Brooklyn, NY studio. We don't use questionable additives such as sodium lauryl sulfate, parabens, pthalates, petrochemical byproducts, or synthetic ingredients. We never, ever test on animals.
- What inspired you to create your brand? My skincare obsession started out of necessity. I have systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), an autoimmune illness that can manifest itself in a number of ways. Like others who suffer from lupus, I get terrible skin rashes, hives, and irritated skin patches. When it was at its worst, I could barely use water on my skin without irritation. Soap Walla was born one late night in early 2002, after months of unsuccessfully hunting for face and body products that wouldn’t aggravate my skin. I tried everything on the market I could find, without luck, and finally decided to start making my own products that were as healthy and wholesome as possible. The product line grew from there.
- If you could go back to the beginning of the creation of your brand what would you do differently? I know this sounds cliché, but I’d change nothing. I made a ton of mistakes along the way, but those mistakes helped me learn so much about myself, what I envisioned for this brand, how I wanted the business to move in the world, etc.
- What advice do you have to offer for those entrepreneurs in the green beauty industry just starting out? Figure out what you are passionate about, then focus on doing the best version of that. There’s no such thing as overnight success – it takes years of practice and honing your craft. When you are putting in the hours for something that you love, it feels less like work and more like practice.
- What is your most favorite product you have created and why? I don’t have a favorite product, but the one product I absolutely cannot live without is our Restorative Face Serum. My face drinks it in, and it doesn’t irritate my very sensitive skin. It also was the first skincare product I created for myself 15 years ago!
- How do you juggle your life with such huge demands from your company? If I’m being honest, I don’t always successfully juggle these two. BUT I do try to maintain balance and shut off from work when I’m not there. The things that help me disengage and recharge are: boxing, yoga, spending time outdoors with my family, and cooking.
- What is your morning and evening beauty routine? In the evening, I cleanse my face with an appropriate facial bar (right now I’m oscillating between the Activated Charcoal & Petitgrain and the Shea Butter, Tangerine & Clay bars). I use tepid water when I wash my face, as I have very sensitive, highly reactive skin and hot water irritates it.
I follow with our Hydrating Facial Toning Mist, which I do twice – once with a cotton pad to remove all residue, and then again by spritzing my face to create damp skin. I follow immediately with our Restorative Face Serum, and in the winter, an additional layer of our Concentrated Repair Balm.
In the morning, I splash tepid water on my face for about a minute, follow with Toning Mist and Face Serum. I don’t wash my face with cleanser in the mornings; most people don’t need to.
- What ingredients are never added to any of your products? We don’t use synthetic ingredients or petrochemical byproducts. We also don’t use harsh preservative methods.
- What is the best beauty advice you have received? Drink lots of water and get enough sleep. I’d add that doing things you love and laughing help a whole lot :-)
- What sets you apart from the sea of competition? The quality of our products. Our products are only as good as the ingredients we use. I spend an enormous amount of time creating and maintaining relationships with our suppliers. My dedication to sourcing the absolute best ingredients possible helps us create end products that are truly special, effective, and a joy to use.