SOAPWALLA Recharge Hand and Body Wash
Reward your skin with Soapwalla’s natural, conscientiously produced Recharge Hand & Body Wash, created to cleanse sensitive skin without irritation. Citrus and mint invigorate and revitalize. This Hand & Body Wash is unisex, and perfect for all skin types. It can be used as a clarifying shampoo as well. Gluten and soy free.
Soapwalla’s Recharge Hand & Body Wash is vegan and is made with the highest quality organic and food-grade ingredients. Our Hand & Body Wash is biodegradable - take it on your next camping trip!
If you have a history of sensitive skin or allergic reactions, please be sure to test products on a small area inside your wrist for 2-3 days prior to using.
(*: certified organic, +: food-grade) Water; Potassium Oleate (derived from Sunflower Oil)*; Potassium Cocoate (derived from Coconut Oil)*; Vegetable Glycerin*+; Sodium Chloride (Kosher Salt)*+; Non-GMO Tocopherol (Vitamin E)*+; Potassium Citrate; Potassium Palm Kernelate; a proprietary blend of essential oils including: Citrus Sinensis (Sweet Orange)*, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit), and Mentha Piperita (Peppermint)*.
Soapwalla was born in founder Rachel Winard's NYC kitchen one evening, after months of unsuccessfully searching for products that wouldn't aggravate her sensitive skin issues caused by systemic lupus, a chronic autoimmune condition that almost always affects the skin.
Soapwalla products are pure, effective, and trustworthy. We believe that we are only as good as the ingredients we source. We partner with small farms to ensure we receive the best materials we can without compromising our integrity or dedication to the environment. Rachel visits suppliers to ensure they share Soapwalla’s value structure of respect, honor, authenticity, and transparency.
We are wildly passionate about what we do every day: creating goods that not only support skin health, also but our customers' - and planet's - well-being. We choose quality over quantity and decide on a course of action based on our guiding principles: Will this make the best product? Does this minimize our environmental footprint? Will this support our local economy? Does it serve a purpose?
Soapwalla products are made by hand in small batches in our Brooklyn, NY studio. We don't use questionable additives such as sodium lauryl sulfate, parabens, pthalates, petrochemical byproducts, or synthetic ingredients. We never, ever test on animals.
1. What inspired you to create your brand? My skincare obsession started out of necessity. I have systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), an autoimmune illness that can manifest itself in a number of ways. Like others who suffer from lupus, I get terrible skin rashes, hives, and irritated skin patches. When it was at its worst, I could barely use water on my skin without irritation. Soap Walla was born one late night in early 2002, after months of unsuccessfully hunting for face and body products that wouldn’t aggravate my skin. I tried everything on the market I could find, without luck, and finally decided to start making my own products that were as healthy and wholesome as possible. The product line grew from there.
2. If you could go back to the beginning of the creation of your brand what would you do differently? I know this sounds cliché, but I’d change nothing. I made a ton of mistakes along the way, but those mistakes helped me learn so much about myself, what I envisioned for this brand, how I wanted the business to move in the world, etc.
3. What advice do you have to offer for those entrepreneurs in the green beauty industry just starting out? Figure out what you are passionate about, then focus on doing the best version of that. There’s no such thing as overnight success – it takes years of practice and honing your craft. When you are putting in the hours for something that you love, it feels less like work and more like practice.
4. What is your most favorite product you have created and why? I don’t have a favorite product, but the one product I absolutely cannot live without is our Restorative Face Serum. My face drinks it in, and it doesn’t irritate my very sensitive skin. It also was the first skincare product I created for myself 15 years ago!
5. How do you juggle your life with such huge demands from your company? If I’m being honest, I don’t always successfully juggle these two. BUT I do try to maintain balance and shut off from work when I’m not there. The things that help me disengage and recharge are: boxing, yoga, spending time outdoors with my family, and cooking.
6. What is your morning and evening beauty routine? In the evening, I cleanse my face with an appropriate facial bar (right now I’m oscillating between the Activated Charcoal & Petitgrain and the Shea Butter, Tangerine & Clay bars). I use tepid water when I wash my face, as I have very sensitive, highly reactive skin and hot water irritates it.
I follow with our Hydrating Facial Toning Mist, which I do twice – once with a cotton pad to remove all residue, and then again by spritzing my face to create damp skin. I follow immediately with our Restorative Face Serum, and in the winter, an additional layer of our Concentrated Repair Balm.
In the morning, I splash tepid water on my face for about a minute, follow with Toning Mist and Face Serum. I don’t wash my face with cleanser in the mornings; most people don’t need to.
7. What ingredients are never added to any of your products? We don’t use synthetic ingredients or petrochemical byproducts. We also don’t use harsh preservative methods.
8. What is the best beauty advice you have received? Drink lots of water and get enough sleep. I’d add that doing things you love and laughing help a whole lot :-)
9. What sets you apart from the sea of competition? The quality of our products. Our products are only as good as the ingredients we use. I spend an enormous amount of time creating and maintaining relationships with our suppliers. My dedication to sourcing the absolute best ingredients possible helps us create end products that are truly special, effective, and a joy to use.