Hynt Beauty LUMIERE Radiance Boosting Powder is creamy and has a lightweight feel that provides a nourishing feel to your skin. With a silk like texture, Hynt Beauty LUMIERE Radiance Boosting Powder blends seamlessly onto the skin, perfect for lightly dusting over bare, moisturized skin, for a youthful translucent appearance, over foundation for a retouched look, or mixed with liquid foundation for a complexion enhancing primer.
Includes: LUMIERE (8g/.28 oz) Refill only.
All Natural, Vegan, Organics-based, PETA Approved, Gluten-free and Non-Comedogenic. Free of Toxins, Petrochemicals, Parabens, Nano-particles, Bismuth Oxychloride, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Silicones, Mineral Oil, GMO’s, FD&C dyes, Carmine and Phthalates.
Lightly dust over bare skin for a youthful translucent glow; over foundation for a flattering retouched finish or blend with liquid foundation or moisturizer to use as a skin enhancing primer. Simultaneously soothes and recharges skin for a healthy glow that emanates from within.
Our Skin Caring Ingredients:
ORGANIC LAVENDER OIL : Calms and soothes inflamed skin and acts as a natural disinfectant. Known to be one of the most beneficial oils in the treatment of acne.
ORGANIC ACAI FRUIT OIL : Labeled as the super food of the Brazilian rainforest, this berry is one of the most potent antioxidants and provides action against free radical damage during inflammation. Promotes regeneration of the skin.
ORGANIC GOTU KOLA : Rich in amino acids, beta carotene, fatty acids and numerous skin-rejuvenating phytochemicals, Gotu Kola Extract has been found to calm inflammation, speed wound healing, stimulate new cell growth and promote collagen production.
ORGANIC GERANIUM OIL : Promotes cellular metabolism and regeneration of new cells while acting as a powerful natural solution to heal and fade scars and other unwanted marks. Its astringent properties can help clear acne.
ORGANIC LIME OIL : Helps reduce fine lines, wrinkles, sun spots and other signs of aging while treating congested skin with its cleansing properties. Rehydrates while helping to reduce acne and oily skin.
Mica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch*, White Kaolin Clay, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil*, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil*, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove Bud) Flower Oil*, Vanilla Planifolia (Vanilla) Fruit Extract*, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Flower Oil*, Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Oil*, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf*, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Herb Powder*, Euterpe Oleracea (Acai) Pulp Powder May Contain +/-: Zinc Oxide CI 77947, Ultramarine Blue CI 77007, Iron Oxides: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499. *Certified Organic BY ACO
Hynt Beauty is a cleanly formulated, organics-based line of makeup and skincare products that women across the world can trust and love. The collection was founded by Meryl Marshall, who decided to develop a line of ingredient-conscious, high performing makeup products after conquering a particularly fast growing type of breast cancer that required aggressive treatment. Throughout that time, she began to seriously question the ingredient safety of everything in her household, including her makeup bag. She soon found that while there were some natural products that delivered on ingredient safety, there weren’t many that met all her expectations: clean formulation, professional finish, luxurious texture and a fulfilling user experience. So, she created Hynt Beauty. The pure, high-performing products have won various beauty awards since its launch, especially for the DUET Perfecting Concealer, ARIA PURE Lipstick collection, SUN PREP Broad Spectrum SPF25 as well as it’s hydrating powder-based foundation products. Hynt is also a favorite go-to brand for green makeup artists, conscientious celebrities, beauty-industry influencers, and media worldwide.
What inspired you to create your brand? My name is Meryl Marshall and I am the co-founder of Hynt Beauty. I am a breast cancer survivor that is celebrating my 12th year cancerversary. After my surgeries and treatment, I began the journey to learn about the possible dangers of the ingredients that lurk in everything from our cleaning products, lawn care, food, health- and beauty products. I was appalled to find that many of the products I was using on an everyday basis were potentially harmful to myself and my family. Until then, I honestly assumed that if a trusted brand product was being sold on the market, they had passed regulations to ensure their safety. It turned out that nothing could be further from the truth.
I gradually implemented an overhaul to a healthier lifestyle that included the scrutinizing of ingredient listings on packages before making my purchase decision and making better choices in general. In the past, I loved to treat myself with prestige category cosmetics that felt and looked luxurious, but I realized I now had to avoid the department store counters all together. I started going into natural food markets and tried purchasing my cosmetics there but I found I was gravely disappointed. So many aspects were missing such as color selection, the refined textures, and the glamourous packaging that made using pretty makeup, fun.
I started to look for cosmetics that met these criteria and could not find any that I loved so, I set off to create my own for other women like me who wanted a beautiful, affordable cosmetics line that they will enjoy using and can love and trust. I also wanted the products to appeal to a wide age demographic.
To start, I began a ‘blacklist’ of nasty ingredients that I found objectionable based on potential toxicity, irritability on skin, animal cruelty, environmental harm, and other factors that mattered to my philosophy, ethics and future wellbeing. Since then, this list continues to be fine-tuned so that our customers can rest assured that we are staying on top of new findings and important news on potentially harmful ingredients as best as we could. We try to also educate and share information and knowledge with our customers and all who are interested so that they can feel well equipped to decide which product is right for them at the store counter.
I created Hynt Beauty out of a passion for beautiful cosmetics and a need for clean formulated makeup and skincare line with honest ingredients that care for your skin while giving a touch of glamour. My husband Craig and I put our collective passion into our business and truly love the interaction we have with our customers. We also enjoy working with our dynamic, creative team that gets Hynt Beauty out there for others to discover, and keeps the business productive.
2. If you could go back to the beginning of the creation of your brand what would you do differently? I can’t think of anything that I would change. We have been on target in terms of our business plan and our growth is smooth and steady. I also believe that every hiccup or roadblocks arise for a reason and as long as you can keep steadfast to your vision and goals and work hard toward it, ultimately, it really works out for the best.
3. What advice do you have to offer for those entrepreneurs in the green beauty industry just starting out? Owning your own business in general is a huge undertaking. You have to invest most of your waking hours and wear many different hats as it’s costly to hire an extensive team to delegate. Additionally, it will cost a lot of money; much more than you will budget for. Overestimate your budget and plan your dollars wisely.
Now, my email inbox is flooded daily with so many ‘opportunities’ that are presented in a way that seems like you cannot do without that service. Things like events, trade shows, marketing services, requests for goodie bag items, advertising... In reality, this influx is very distracting and the further research and response becomes very time consuming. Such delays my interaction with our wholesale partners, potential accounts and business expansion in general so I have been working hard to find a good balance. I always strive to respond in a courteous manner with quick decisions. Actively choosing to spend your time wisely, not just your budget, becomes increasingly important as your business grows.
4. What is your most favorite product you have created and why? Oh, it’s so difficult to choose just one but without a doubt, it must be our DUET Perfecting Concealer. We have a new shade called Medium Tan now which I have been loving. This award winning hero product is a staple in my makeup bag. It has incredible performance. I use only where I need to even out my skin tone, under my eyes and to mask some hyperpigmentation. Luckily, I do not need much. I just add some of our FINALE Finishing Powder on top and I’m good to go literally all day long.
5. How do you juggle your life with such huge demands from your company? I try to block out small amounts of me time to relieve stress. I enjoy even a short workout at the gym, a 15 minute walk, or a bath is a special relaxing treat. I cook almost every night, but it is not a gourmet meal. It’s almost always a quick but healthy meal. It’s really so important to control how much salt, sugar and calories we consume by eating clean. For groceries, I shop on the weekend for the week. I go with a list so that my market time is super quick. Craig and I work a few hours on Sunday night which helps us to prepare for the week.
6. What is your morning and evening beauty routine? Several mornings, I exfoliate my face in the shower. I have a bunch of different ones that I switch off with but lately, have been loving my dear friend Cynthia’s Violets Are Blue Facial Scrub. In the evening, I remove all makeup and treat my skin with a mask when I’m not too tired. Moisturization and eye cream are a must.
7. What ingredients are never added to any of your products? We have a very long no-no list but the main ones: FD&C dyes except for just a wee bit in our Red Fervor lipstick; silicones, gluten, fragrance, petroleum, paraben, phenoxyethanol, oh my, just too many to mention. We disclose all of the byproduct ingredients, too, which many of my competitors do not. We are an ingredient transparent company so we disclose every ingredient that goes into our formulations, even if in the tiniest quantities. We don’t hide behind labeling such as “fragrance” which many companies do. You can read more on the use of the “fragrance” label on ewg.org.
8. What is the best beauty advice you have received? Protect your skin from the sun!
9. What sets you apart from the sea of competition?
Our personalized customer service and the relationships that we have built, and continue to build, with influencers and our wholesale partners. We are, and strive to continue to be, a company and brand that can be loved and trusted wholeheartedly.