Kari Gran Essential SerumSee All Kari Gran
Free US Priority Shipping on Orders Over $75
US Priority Shipping $7 on Orders Under $75
**International Shipping Rates Will Be Calculated During Checkout. **
The Essential Serum is a potent blend of 15 plant and essential oils known for their nourishing properties, plus a boost of natural Vitamin E, providing customizable levels of moisture to the skin. The Essential Serum is the quintessential multi-tasker; it can be used in the morning and evening. For your evening treatment, double the amount you use during the day. It can also be used on the neck, décolleté and eye areas. In addition, for those who use mineral powder foundation, the Essential Serum can be mixed in the hand with the powder to create a tinted moisturizer.
- Start with one pump for day use, add more if you like more moisture.
- Double the amount used during the day for your nightly treatment.
- Treat your neck and décolleté area as an extension of your face.
- Apply extra around the eye area in place of an additional eye cream.
- To create a custom moisturizer mist 3-4 pumps of tonic in the palm of your hand and add one to two pumps of Essential Serum, rub together and….voila! A batch of fresh moisturizer has just been made without a preservative in sight.
- Gently apply to cleansed skin.
tip : The Hydrating Tonic and Essential Serum work equally well in separate steps-spritz tonic on the face, pump the serum onto fingertips and apply to damp face.
- Organic Camellia Oleifera (Camellia Seed) Oil
- Organic Rosa Canina Fruit (Rosehip Seed) Oil
- Organic Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil
- Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil
- Organic Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil
- Organic Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil
- Organic Olea Europaea (Olive), Organic Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) & Organic Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Oil
- Organic Olea Europaea (Olive) & Organic Arnica Montana (Arnica) Oil
- Organic Lavandula Hybrida (Lavender) Oil
- Wildharvested Boswellia Sacra (Frankincense) Oil
- Rosa Damascena (Rose) Oil
- Jasminum Sambac (Jasmine) Oil
- Organic Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn Seed) Oil
- Organic Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Oil
- Tocopherol (Non-GMO Vitamin E from Sunflower)
Kari Gran is an eco-luxe skin care brand providing a simple, elegant, all natural skin care solution that works flawlessly for any age and skin type. Beautiful skin isn’t a gift or something you can buy; it’s a habit cultivated holistically. Our products are hand poured with the highest quality natural, organic, wild harvested and non-GMO ingredients, our simple, easy-to-use, all natural skin care system results in an everyday ritual. Always paraben and toxin free—the little black dress of eco-skin care.
- What inspired you to create your brand? At the time our brand was created, the green beauty world was much smaller than it is today. The choices were so limited. As a result of my autoimmune thyroid disease, I had limited my purchases to products that did not contain endocrine disrupting chemicals, and I wasn’t happy with the selection. The limited choices lead me to create something for myself that I shared with my good friend and now business partner, Lisa Strain, who saw the long-term potential and pushed us to create a business around it.
- If you could go back to the beginning of the creation of your brand what would you do differently? I don’t know that I would do anything differently. Although hindsight is usually such a gift, I can’t change the past and you can’t miss opportunities to learn for yourself. Specifically, when it comes to our products, we still have the original skin care formulas in production and I still use them myself every day—I’ll never compromise those.
- What advice do you have to offer for those entrepreneurs in the green beauty industry just starting out? Create something you are proud of and you love using yourself. The green beauty industry is becoming more competitive, but there’s also so much room for growth. Don’t bend to trends or try to be everything to everyone. Find your niche and what works for you.
- What is your most favorite product you have created and why? I absolutely love our Lip Whips. They make my lips feel amazing and are simple and easy to use. Our Lip Whips have built up a cult-like following for a reason! Although, I’m also fond of the entire skin care line we offer, as they all work together, so it’s hard to choose if I want hydrated lips or hydrated skin! I want both.
- How do you juggle your life with such huge demands from your company? I practice Transcendental Meditation™ and it’s made a huge difference in my life. I don’t always get my afternoon meditation in, but every morning, I carve out 20 minutes and I never check my email before meditation or before I go to bed.
What is your morning and evening beauty routine? In the morning, I simply rinse with water and follow up with our Essential Serum and Rose Hydrating Tonic in a three to one ratio, which gives me the feel of a lightweight day lotion (three pumps of tonic to one pump of serum for my face, and the same amount for my neck and décolleté). A typical daytime lotion is a 75% or more base of water, so by mixing on my own, I create a custom moisturizer with pure product. I apply this right out of the shower and let it sink in for about 5-10 minutes and follow up with our Three Sixty Five SPF28 sunscreen, every single day, rain or shine. Some days I add a little mineral foundation to the SPF to tint, and on others I apply mineral foundation dry once the SPF has absorbed. I use the exact same products every single morning, I just mix it up sometimes.
Each evening I spend about 10 minutes massaging my face with our Cleansing Oil. Massage is beneficial for increasing circulation and stimulating collagen and elastin and it feels good. It’s a bit of extra down time I look forward to. You don’t have to take that long to clean your face, but it’s an option if you need a little home “spa” time. I follow with the Hydrating Tonic and Essential Serum in equal ratios, doubling the amount of product from what I use in the morning.
- What ingredients are never added to any of your products? We don’t add water, parabens, synthetic fragrance or petroleum derived materials.
- What is the best beauty advice you have received? Keep the sugar consumption in check. I have a terrible sweet tooth and will forgo real food for anything sugary. Once I learned about glycation and how destructive it is for your collagen and elastin, it gave me real pause and I try to keep things in line.
- What sets you apart from the sea of competition? We really do believe less is more. We keep a limited, yet powerful product collection, to give women everything they need for their skin care and nothing they don’t. Skin care shouldn’t be confusing. We also don’t overpromise—we’re not here to sell snake oil. We don’t tell women they can stop time with something in a jar. Time will march on, and we provide women healthful, beautiful products to take care of their skin and themselves as it does.
Product Score: 1
EWG Skin Deep --Environmental Working Group’s mission is to empower people to live healthier lives in a healthier environment. They're a non-profit, non-partisan organization. EWG works tirelessly to make sure someone is standing up for public health, and educates consumers to make safer, more informed decisions about the products they buy and the companies they support. Please visit EWG's Skin Deep Cosmetics Database for valuable information.
Hazard Score Key:
(0-2) Low Hazard
(3-6) Moderate Hazard
(7-10) High Hazard