Chocolate Sun Enhance Tanning Cream (fair-med skin tones)See All Chocolate Sun
A natural sunless tanning treatment for the face and body. Enhance is perfect for those with the fairest of skin, those new to self-tanning or those who want to extend the life of their existing tan.
Made with our proprietary blend of organically grown and wild crafted botanicals and herbs, chosen for their beneficial, nurturing and hydrating properties. This tanning cream formulation also includes Shea Butter, coconut oil and aloe. This enhancing lotion is made to work gradually and will leave your skin soft, subtly tanned, and moisturized. Enhance is specifically formulated so you can apply frequently as you want to deepen your tan. Color develops in 6-8 hours. Product should be stored in a cool, dark space, away from direct sunlight.
Gluten Free & Vegan.
Skin must be exfoliated, clean, dry and free of all other products. Shake product vigorously prior to application and prepare a damp cloth and a dry cloth prior to starting your application. These cloths will be used to wipe palms of hands every so often during application, to prevent product from settling into your skin.
Use gentle, broad, circular strokes for application to body - Overlap each stroke to avoid streaking and missed areas. It is best to let the product absorb into skin, rather aggressively rubbing into skin.
- PREP: Apply a thin layer of moisturizer onto tops and bottoms of your hands and feet, and don't forget in between fingers and toes. Also, feather a thin layer of lotion onto the inside of the bend of each of your wrists and down the sides of your ankles and heels.
- LEGS: Product should be applied starting at your ankles. Work one leg at a time, front and back. Remember to work product onto buttocks while working on the back of the legs, blending onto lower back.
- BACK: Continue applying product onto lower back, working your way up to the midsection of your back, and to upper back. This is a good time to wash hands, dry completely and begin the remainder of the body.
- STOMACH: Continue by applying product onto the stomach and around sides.
- CHEST: Apply to breast and chest area blending onto the neck, and over the tops of the shoulders until you have blended into the application done on the upper back.
- SHOULDERS AND ARMS: Starting at the top of the front of the shoulder, apply product working downward onto the front of arm until you reach the wrist. Next apply a lighter coat of product to the inside of arms. Very important to blend and overlap on arms. Blend lightly around armpit. Do not apply directly to armpit.
- FEET: Mix moisturizer with treatment in equal parts. Apply lightly, but thoroughly, to the tops of the feet blending onto the ankle, where the application began.
- FACE: Blend product from neck, onto face. This application is similar to applying foundation.
- HANDS: Mix moisturizer with treatment in equal parts. Apply lightly, but thoroughly, to the tops of hands, blending onto wrists. Remember to detail hands by wiping palms thoroughly as well as in between fingers.
- FINISHING TOUCHES: Utilize your prepared damp cloth to thoroughly wipe the palms of your hands and inside of your fingers. Roll a small soft hand towel and using the smooth side of the rolled towel, very lightly sweep over outer edges of armpits, wrists, ankles, hands, feet and the inside of arms. This will help blend application.
pH-balanced Distilled Water (Aqua)
ECOCERT DHA Derived from Sugar Beets (Dihydroxyacetone)
Organic Sunflower Seed Oil (Helianthus Annuus)
Organic Sweet Almond Oil (Prunus Dulcis)
Organic Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe Barbadensis)
Organic Coconut Oil (Cocos Nucifera)
Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia Chinensis)
ECOCERT Cetearyl Olivate (Derived from Olives)
ECOCERT Sorbitan Olivate (Derived from Olives)
Organic Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii)
ECOCERT Green Tea Leaf Extract (Camellia Sinensis)
ECOCERT Leucidal Liquid (Natural Preservative Derived from Radish)
Potassium Sorbate (Natural Preservative Derived from Fruit)
ECOCERT Sodium PCS (Amino Acid)
Organic Cocoa Absolute (Theobromo Cacao)
Vanilla Extract (Vanilla Panifolia)
92% Organic Ingredients.
Water not included in calculations.
All Chocolate Sun organic ingredients come from certified growers. All additional ingredients are either ECO-Certified, wildcrafted and or 100% natural. All formulas use vegan friendly ingredients. Tested only on humans.
The Chocolate Sun Collection was created by natural skincare enthusiast Susie Phillips. Working with a botanical chemist, Susie created a solution using botanicals, herbs and essential oils as the foundation for all Chocolate Sun formulas. The emphasis placed on the ingredients is what differentiates the Chocolate Sun Collection from other products on the market.
The immediate task was to develop a sunless solution that could be, first and foremost, a hydrating and nurturing skin care treatment with the benefit of tanning the skin.
Our professional solutions and retail products are handcrafted in small batches. We start each batch with our proprietary blend of organically grown, wild crafted, natural botanicals and herbs. All ingredients used are chosen for their powerful and protective antioxidant properties, natural sunscreen properties and nurturing and hydrating qualities.
The next step is to include the active tanning ingredient Dihydroxyacetone (DHA). DHA is often derived from plant sources such as sugar beets and sugar cane, and by the fermentation of glycerin. DHA is listed in the FDA regulations as an approved color additive for use in imparting color to the human body. This sugar is the active ingredient that causes the skin to darken when applied topically.
The Chocolate Sun professional solutions and retail collection are free of mineral oils, dyes, lanolin, parabens, PABA, alcohol, petro-chemicals, sodium lauryl sulfate, and formaldehyde. They are non-comedogenic. Chocolate Sun products are never tested on animals and are vegan friendly. With an eye on the environment, we use recycled materials when choosing our bottles and our packaging is minimal, no excess boxes and outer plastic wrapping.
Because Chocolate Sun is made with organically grown botanicals and herbs, pure essential oils and chemical-free preservatives, it is free of the unpleasant odor often associated with conventional sunless tanning products. Our tan delivers the most natural looking color on every skin type and fades flawlessly. No streaking or dry patches.
Recognizing that every client has different skin care needs, Chocolate Sun’s technician’s custom blend a solution that is perfect for each individual. If purchasing one of our sunless lotions, we will guide you in choosing the right formula for your skin type.
There are Chocolate Sun studios located in Santa Monica and Beverly Hills, California. In addition to our studios, the Chocolate Sun Treatment is licensed to high-end hotels, day spas, and wellness centers. Although we do not have ownership in these accounts, they are extensively trained and certified by Chocolate Sun to offer our treatment and sell our retail collection.
Chocolate Sun will remain committed to the pursuit of the finest organic, wild crafted and natural remedies for skin care. It is our intention to promote natural alternatives for skin care as a “LIFESTYLE CHOICE.”