Beauty By Earth Self TannerSee All Beauty By Earth
Free US Priority Shipping on Orders Over $75
US Priority Shipping $7 on Orders Under $75
**International Shipping Rates Will Be Calculated During Checkout. **
Want that sun-kissed glow but don’t want to spend hours baking in the sun? Our natural self tanner is the solution you’re looking for! You’ll get the beautiful, healthy tan you want without exposing your skin to harsh UV rays or the potentially dangerous chemicals used in conventional self tanners.
- SAY GOODBYE TO GHOSTLY WHITE SKIN: Pale, lifeless skin really isn’t your best look. But that’s why we’re here. Our vegan, cruelty-free, and all-natural tanning lotion transforms even the palest skin from “meh” to “marvelous.” Build your tan one layer at a time to get your ideal level of bronze (and cover up blemishes, veins, or imperfections) without any of those nasty streaks, blotches, or dark spots.
- GET A SUN-KISSED TAN WITHOUT THE SUN DAMAGE: Love that sun-kissed glow but hate the thought of sunburns, early aging, and skin cancer? We think that sounds pretty reasonable. We also think that you don’t have to put up with dangerous sun exposure to get the tan you want. Our self tanning lotion harnesses the power of natural ingredients to give you a beautiful, natural looking tan – no radiation required.
- DO YOUR SKIN A FAVOR: Ever read the back of a conventional tanner? You need a PhD to pronounce all those ingredients. We use only simple, natural ingredients in our self tanning lotion, so you’ll never have to worry about what you’re putting on your body. With ingredients like organic shea butter, organic coconut oil, and Japanese green tea leaf extract, your skin will thank you by looking and feeling incredible.
- SAFE FOR EVERYONE (Even You, Mama!) AND YOU WONT BE AN ORANGE OOMPA LOOMPA: If you have sensitive skin, maintaining that summer glow can be uncomfortable. Our self tanner’s meticulously crafted formulation is free of anything toxic, so everyone can enjoy the confidence that comes from knowing your skin looks amazing. And who wants to look like an Oompa Loompa? Not you. Our self tanner gives you a glow so convincing your friends will wonder when you had time to go on a trip to the Bahamas.
The Most Beautiful Thing You Can Wear is Confidence
Kick pale, pasty skin to the curb and greet the world with confidence with the best self tanner out there. When you’re rocking a safe, natural tan, you’ll face life with the certainty that comes from knowing you look your best. And when you use our natural, vegan, cruelty-free tanning lotion you’ll have the added bonus of knowing your beauty will never cost you your health or your integrity.
So what makes our sunless tanner the quickest way to a brand new you? It starts with a few carefully chosen ingredients. We collect high quality, nourishing, and natural ingredients from around the world to create a tanner that gives natural color without exposing your body to anything harmful. Ingredients like organic shea butter, organic green tea extract, and organic coconut oil care for your skin while supporting a streak-free sunless tan. Add color one application at a time to build a glow that will make everyone wonder when you had time to take a tropical vacation.
How to Use Your Self Tanner
- Ready to tan? Start by exfoliating your skin. Use a loofah, exfoliating pad, or a body scrub to gently get rid of dead skin cells – our self tanning application kit will give you all the tools you need for a perfect tan. This will help make sure your tan lasts as long as possible. It’s also a good idea to paint your nails before applying your tanner – unless you like orange-y nails, that is. Give your feet a little moisturizing love beforehand to help make sure they don’t end up darker than your body. Finally, wait a day or two after shaving before using our self tanner. If you apply to newly shaved skin, all of your pores will show up as little orange dots.
- When you’re ready, apply a thin layer of self tanner evenly over your legs, arms, torso, and face (avoid your eyes). Be careful when working on loose areas of skin (such as the elbows and knees). These areas are more absorbent, so it’s easy to overdo it and end up with dark spots. Wearing latex gloves can help you get a more even tan, and will prevent colored palms. If you decide not to wear gloves, wash your hands immediately after tanning.
- Your skin should reach your desired color within six hours. If it doesn’t, reapply the following day. We find that reapplying every 4-7 days is best for maintaining color, but do what works best for you. Enjoy your sunny, golden skin!
Water, Organic Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Organic Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Dihydroxyacetone (Sugar Cane Derived), Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Organic Cocos Nucifera, (Coconut) Oil, Glycerin (Vegetable), Organic Camellia Oleifera (Japanese Green Tea) Leaf Extract
Organic Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Organic Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract
Organic Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Organic Argania Spinosa Kernel (Argan) Oil, Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Pulp Extract, Vanilla Tahitensis (Vanilla) Fruit Extract
Beauty By Earth was created by two friends asking a question that is so often considered these days: how can you find health and beauty products that are safe to use around young children? Like so many parents, we found it incredibly difficult to find products that were effective, easy to access, and natural. So we figured why not make them ourselves?
Since we first decided to create Beauty By Earth, it’s been one heck of a ride! But throughout this experience, we’ve stayed dedicated to the idea that got us started: inspiring beauty and nurturing health. We’re thrilled to bring the items that have enriched our lives and improved our wellbeing to you and your family.
At Beauty By Earth, we’re here to bring you all natural skin care products that harmonize with your body’s natural state. We skip the junk you’ll find all to often in mainstream cosmetics and skin products. Instead, we use organic, natural ingredients that nourish your body and help inspire your beauty. We’re committed to helping you take care of yourself and your family without fear of unnecessary or harmful ingredients. We’re also proud to say that our products are gluten free, non-GMO, and mostly vegan, making them accessible to just about anyone.
Our commitment to inspiring beauty and nurturing health extends to everything and everyone that goes into creating our products. That means that all Beauty by Earth products are cruelty free and are proudly made in the USA under sterile conditions in a secure, FDA certified facility.
Question: What Does Your Face Wash Do?
Answer: Great question! Our natural face wash cleans away everything you don’t want on your face. Use it at the end of the day to get rid of makeup, oil, sweat, dirt, debris, and anything else that’s leaving your skin feeling less than fresh. Use it in the morning to wash your sleepiness away and get your face ready for the day.
Question: What Ingredients are In Your Natural Facial Wash?
Answer: Only the good stuff, we promise. Our wash includes sea kelp, aloe vera, and fruit extracts, including cranberry, pomegranate, olive, acai, and Japanese Green Tea. You’ll also find plenty of other face-friendly stuff, like rose hip seed extract, argan oil, lemongrass essential oil, and peppermint essential oil. You can find the full list of ingredients under the “Additional Information” tab.
Question: How Do I Use Your Facial Wash?
Answer: Easy! With clean hands, wet your face with lukewarm water. Squeeze a dime-sized amount of facial wash onto your fingertips or konjac sponge. Massage gently onto your face with small, circular motions. Use warm water to wash away any excess, then gently pat your face dry with a towel. Done!
Question: What are the Benefits of Using Your Natural Face Wash?
Answer: How does a clear, fresh, clean face sound? The combination of extracts we use is formulated to clear away the stuff you don’t want on your face while being gentle enough for any skin type. At the same time, it’ll give you skin the nutrients and moisture it needs to look its best. It’ll even help to soothe and clear away acne breakouts and other blemishes. If you like the idea of radiant skin, you’ll love what this wash can do.
Question: Is This a Good Face Wash for Oily Skin?
Answer: Absolutely! Our facial wash clears away oils you don’t want while helping to reduce acne breakouts. It’s a great choice for anyone with oily skin.
Question: I have Combination Skin – Can I Use Your Natural Face Wash?
Answer: Sure thing! Any skin type can use this cleanser and get fantastic results.
Question: How Much Face Wash Comes in a Tube?
Answer: Each tube contains 4 ounces of cleanser.
Question: I Have Allergies – Is Your Natural Face Wash Safe for My Skin?
Answer: Well, that depends on what you’re allergic to. While all the ingredients we include are completely natural and safe for sensitive skin, if you have an allergy to any of the specific ingredients you may want to be careful. If you’re at all worried, try testing our cleanser on a small portion of your skin before moving onto the rest of your face.
Question: What Other Products Should I Use With My Facial Wash?
Answer: That depends on the results you’re going for! Try using a konjac sponge with your cleanser to get a little extra exfoliating action. We also love to combine our cleanser with our facial toner to get an all-around clean, fresh, and light feeling. If you’re planning on going outside at all, facial sunscreen is also a must.
- What inspired you to create your brand?
We found that clean, green skincare products were just not widely available at a good price point. The ones that were marketed as clean and were maybe affordable were not truly clean ingredients. We wanted to make truly clean products more widely available at an affordable price.
- If you could go back to the beginning of the creation of your brand what would you do differently?
We would bring more products to market more rapidly, rather than dripping them out.
- What advice do you have to offer for those entrepreneurs in the green beauty industry just starting out?
Do your homework. Learn about ingredients and work with a good lab and chemist to get you to where you want. Really do your homework on your market demographic so your marketing efforts are targeting the right people.
- What is your most favorite product you have created and why?
Oh, that is a hard one. I absolutely love our self tanner. Being naturally pale, there are times I just need some color and this is definitely my go-to. But the product I use most often is the foaming face wash. It’s just so light and gives a great cleanse.
- How do you juggle your life with such huge demands from your company?
The first few years were rough. Lot of late nights after putting the kids to bed. We would carve out from 4-8pm for the kids each day and worked into the night to keep the grind going in the beginning. It gets easier.
- What is your morning and evening beauty routine?
In the morning I wash my face with Beauty By Earth Face Wash first. If I’m having problem skin, I’ll use the Beauty By Earth scrub and black Konjac sponge to give it an extra good clean. Then I spritz the Beauty By Earth Facial Toner and follow it up with their oil control moisturizer and eye cream. Finally, I’ll apply the Beauty By Earth tinted sunscreen before applying makeup.
At night I’ll wipe my face clean with the Shea Moisture face wipes and follow it up with the Beauty By Earth moisturizer and eye cream. If I’m having problem skin, I’ll apply the Beauty By Earth face mask before the moisturizer.
- What ingredients are never added to any of your products?
Parabens, SLS, SLES, artificial fragrance, artificial dye, avobenzone, oxybenzone, formaldyhyde, phthalates, PEGs, petrolatum, mineral oil, soy, propylene glycol and anything harmful for your skin.
- What is the best beauty advice you have received?
I love to follow beauty blogs like Organic Bunny and SunKissAlba for beauty advice about how to take care of your skin or even just every day routines. I’d say the best advice I have received is to follow the EWG Skin Deep database to find out how harmful each ingredient in your products are and what are the safest products to use.
- What sets you apart from the sea of competition?
We go through a rigorous testing and formation process with all of our products before we put it in our store. We personally test everything ourselves to our satisfaction, and ensure all ingredients used in our products are safe. That’s why all of us on the Beauty By Earth team love to use our own products. We also test it on all skin types first to make sure the products are effective and great for everyone. Lastly, our price point for the quality of our products is quite reasonable.
Product Score: 1
EWG Skin Deep --Environmental Working Group’s mission is to empower people to live healthier lives in a healthier environment. They're a non-profit, non-partisan organization. EWG works tirelessly to make sure someone is standing up for public health, and educates consumers to make safer, more informed decisions about the products they buy and the companies they support. Please visit EWG's Skin Deep Cosmetics Database for valuable information.
Hazard Score Key:
(0-2) Low Hazard
(3-6) Moderate Hazard
(7-10) High Hazard